Thursday, July 9, 2020

Photo Challenge 5: Kieron P. Baird (Scotland, UK)


Glow-Worms

Females call to males
through bioluminescence.
Fragile adulthood…
Brief glow of emerald lights
from dying stars amongst blades.

Scotland, UK



 Christina Chin (Malaysia)
Jessica Dawson (Canada)
Liz Sankey (England, UK)
Martin Stepek (Scotland, UK)
Juliet Wilson (Scotland, UK)


Home page here

5 comments:

  1. this is lovely, I like the reference to dying stars

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Crafty Green Poet.

    It turns out that the adult part of life for a glow-worm is short. Though I guess that's true for a lot of insects.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to see bioluminescence in a poem! Dying stars is a lovely image too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tim Gardiner. I just couldn't resist using it despite the high syllable count.

      I really enjoyed reading your research about the Essex glow-worms. I must admit I didn't know the UK had a glow-worm species until this photo challenge.

      I really hope people like yourself can ensure they aren't lost forever.

      Delete
  4. Dying stars is a lovely image!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment...